You are here
Scholen van Morgen - PPP to build 165 schools
Scholen van Morgen is a project of the Flemish Authority (Vlaamse overheid), AG Real Estate and BNP Paribas Fortis. This DBFM project concerns 165 schools in Vlaanderen with a total space of 623.000m² and 40.000 workstations to accommodate 73.000 pupils.
SECO has carried out technical inspections on the largest batch of schools (around 65), including several campuses such as Beringen, with a surface of 27.000m² and a capacity for 4.000 pupils and 250 teachers, by far the largest of the project.
The project also includes the maintenance of the schools for a period of 30 years. It accounts for over 20% of the budget involved. SECO has carried out a condition measurement as a basis for further maintenance and operations planning.
SECO’s assignment includes the following:
- Technical inspection of closed main fabric
- Condition measurement based on visual inspections of the following:
- Quick scan of risks and timing for intervention
- Assessment of the concept and safety compliance
- Follow-up of remedial works after inspection