Housing, healthcare facilities, semi-industrial property and retail underpin the Belgian and per extension the European real estate market. No wonder these segments represent a growing share in SECO’s portfolio, not only in the number of assignments but also in the growing scope of our services.
Especially retail shows a dynamic pattern in our real estate landscape with organic growth, mergers, take-overs, … In new developments, our technical inspection services continue to bring an answer to the concerns for quality and insurance for our customers, such as Unibail-Rodamco (“NEO1 Europea”), Equilis-Mestdagh (“Docks Bruxsel”), Multi Real Estate (“Mosveld”, Amsterdam), Carrefour (“Sonata Park” at Sochaczew), Apsys (“Posnania”), Auchan (Ban de Gasperich, LU) and recently Kaufland (Poland). But also transactions with or exploitation of existing shopping centers, include an increasing role for our technical experts, especially in the fields of technical installations (HVAC), fire safety, maintenance and energy management.
We recently have undertaken the following assignments:
- Technical due diligence of 23 REAL Retail Developments (Metro Group) for Auchan
- Technical due diligence of 2 shopping centers in Belgium (61.900m² and 45.000m²) for CBRE Global Investors (transaction value of 760 mio Euro)
- Maintenance monitoring (including active fire protection testing) at Médiacité (Liège)
- Energy audit at Médiacité (Liège)
- Maintenance audit of 15 shops for a multinational clothing retail company
- Conformity check on Fire Safety at Skyshops – Brussels Airport
Retail is a business in full swing, a nice opportunity to deliver added value.