Early 2016 the restauration of the “Mexicobruggen” started. It are two historically protected roll bascule bridges, designed by William Donald Scherzer in 1936 (east bridge) and 1941 (west bridge). After the restauration, the bridges will serve for road and tram traffic.
SECO performed the technical inspection of the study and execution. The road surface of both bridges had a serious upgrade– they were reinforced and are totally renewed.
Since the end of February 2017 the bridges are back in use.